Friday, October 23, 2009

Back Again

Well, this is why I was leary about starting a blog. When was the last time that I wrote anything? Days ago, that's when. Well, let's see. Gabby amazes me more and more everyday. She has an amazing body and is getting so strong and confident in all she does. She was showing my tricks on the monkey bars and I about ripped out my arms trying to do the glider. She is reading up a storm and enjoying it! That is her homework every night, to read for 20 minutes. Andy and I work in her classroom on Fridays stuffing the Friday Folders. When we leave we usually see her class coming back from music and we always stop for a hug. Today as she was walking back down the hallway she hollered, "Mommy, did you know that there are 206 bones in the human body?!" The look on her face said how proud she was that she could tell me that. I just thought, "She's growing up and there is nothing I can do about it." She also said the other day, "Mom, do you know its been days since you vacuumed?" At that point I thought, "Who's the mom?"
Andy takes things so literally it is really cute! We went pumpkin picking with Head Start and he got to wear his new rain boots cause it was really muddy. When we got back on the hayride I said, 'Wow, you really broke in your new boots today." He looked most seriously at his boots and said, "No broke mama."

Tonight we are snug as bugs in our house... eating pizza and watching, "The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything." Gabby doesn't remember seeing this with her cousins last year sometime. That does seem long ago.

Oh, the biggest news! We put most of our garden to bed.... The boxes are still growing parsnips, leeks and radishes and we have one small section of green beans left. Andy and I spread our the lyme and then he watered the lyme. Boy, did he love that! The next day Gabby had just as much fun spreading out the Winter Rye and then watering it. Then Andrue tried to play a trick on us and say, "The seeds are already growing!" He had taken clippings from the grass he was also cutting that day and sprinkled them over the seeds.

Ok, my hands are tired. More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment