Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Where to start... Last night Andy and Gabby released the last frog into our pond. We went tadpoling this summer and caught a bunch, which we put in our fish tank. They are the greatest algae eaters made. So last night they both walked to the brook by themselves and I was really proud of them because it was starting to get dark. When they came back they reported that it jumped out of their hands into the brook, only after crawling/hopping up Andy's arm. To see life as a three year old again has me so curious, lately. I guess cause Andy is so fun and easily delighted. I remember when he was born and in the first few months he would get this look on his face which I interpreted as, "What's going to happen next?" Like he was anticipating some great thing. This afternoon we were playing outside and we dubbed a big rock in our yard, "Daddy Long-Leg Rock," because we counted 5 on this single rock! Then we were following another one in the driveway and Andy started going to fast and lost track of it, promptly to realize it was clinging to his barefoot! "Get it off! Where long leg?" he was screaming. Then he wanted to go inside. I don't blame him. When I get the bug willies it is hard to shake them. We also went to a local Apple orchard and picked the most delicious apples with Head Start. What a great trip! I had no idea this place even exsisted!
Gabby is currently trying to sell me a cardboard pet that can do tricks. She demonstrated this winging it into the air and narrowly missing my ear. Then, throughout dinner she was rattling off lists of made up knock knock jokes that make no sense and says, "Get it??" And then Andy copies her. She does have one joke down pat. It goes like this: Knock Knock. Who's there? Interrupting cow. Interrupting cow---Mooo!!!---- Who? She is reading this over my shoulder and just cracking up!

No comments:

Post a Comment